Tuesday, December 31, 2013

Christmas PJ's

Finally, a few minutes to blog after a few busy weeks. I had several sewing projects started which I finished up two days before Christmas. That is cutting it a little too close for me. Every year, since my daughters were very small, I have made them a new pair of pajamas to open and wear on Christmas Eve. I always have trouble finding just the right fabric but this year I think I got it right!

embroidered pajamas
Patternreview link


I went to Hancock's on Black Friday only to discover that all the flannel had juvenile designs on it. Now, I'm not opposed to a cute kitty print but it just can't look like a three year old. I was just about to give up when I spotted a bolt of solid red flannel. I have never made plain, solid PJ's for them before. I got it for about $2 a yard and bought the bolt. I also bought white piping because I had this image in my mind of tailored, monogrammed pajamas. I have used this discontinued Simplicity 5338 many times before so I stuck with what works. I was running out of time and running out of steam so I thought I would just leave off the monograms. Then, one of my daughters said, "Oh, I'm pretty sure they will be monogrammed". So, yep, they were monogrammed.

I purchased the interlocking monogram embroidery font from Herrington Design on Etsy for only $1.50!  I took a risk and embroidered the pockets without testing the design and it came out great.

Now, I know I should be on the lookout for fabric so I can start early on next year's PJ's but I'm sure I'll be writing the same story next year, and the year after, and the year after....

3 comments:

  1. Jan, what a perfect idea, and I bet your daughters look forward to new pajamas every year. The pajamas are beautiful, as are your daughters. Happy New Year!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow! how nice the pjs and your blog, extremely cute stuff - love the cat pillows on your photo heading, also. I'm not surprised Kate Middleton was in Ky for Halloween, I grew up in Paducah, so
    I know W Ky is a getaway for the rich and famous, haha !

    ReplyDelete
  3. You made flannel pj's look elegant! Very nice!! Love the monogram too.

    ReplyDelete

Your comments make my day!