Wednesday, June 24, 2015

Hot Summer Days Pullover Top

I sewed this little top up a few weeks ago and, since it has now become one of my favorite summer tops, I thought I should share it.  I've had Butterick 3383 for some time now and decided to give it a try. I used a printed polyester fabric from my stash. This pattern has no darts so I was a little nervous about the fit. It actually turned out great. Easy to sew and fun to wear!

Butterick 3383

It's pretty easy to slip over my head and I love the length with the side slits. The pattern suggests bias tape for the neckline and armholes. I cut self-fabric bias bindings for a more professional look.

Butterick 3383

This pattern is moving way up on my list of  "make me again" patterns. It takes about a yard of 60" wide fabric and sews up very quickly.

5 comments:

  1. What a great little top. It's hard to find a tank for woven fabric - looks wonderful. Cute print!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've always wanted a casual tank pattern for wovens. I'm excited to finally have one that works for me. I hope you find just the right fabric in your stash!

      Delete
  2. p.s. I just realized I have this pattern and haven't made it yet! Now I'm going thru my stash for small remnants to make one.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I also have had this pattern for YEARS!! Basic and timeless, what was I thinking? Yours looks great, thank you for reminding me to dig it out of the archives!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Fantastic job matching the print on the sides. That didn't look easy.

    ReplyDelete

Your comments make my day!