Friday, September 4, 2015

Hayden's Grammy Jammies

I finally figured out how to get myself back to the blog after a break and that is to make something for Hayden. He is so much fun to sew for and such a good model as well. His momma mentioned that he had outgrown his pajamas and also that it's kinda hard to find them roomy enough for his chunky little arms. I pulled out my Kwik Sew Sewing for Baby book that I bought when Hayden's momma was about his age. It has an assortment of basic patterns for newborn through 18 months. Some of the styles look a little dated but there are great basic pattern pieces for pants, tops, rompers, etc. The fit is much roomier than the ready mades.

Kwik Sew Sewing for Baby
Kwik Sew Sewing for Baby

Just look at that sweet face! He loves his Grammy Jammies. I've already made a second pair and bought fabric for a third.

Grammy Jammies


Kwik Sew Sewing for Baby

Did you know that September is National Sewing Month? National Sewing Month began in 1982 with a proclamation from President Ronald Reagan declaring September as National Sewing Month "In recognition of the importance of home sewing to our Nation"

National Sewing Month

I hope you're keeping your machine humming this month in celebration!

6 comments:

  1. What an adorable baby!! And I love his jammies - great job!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Bernice! I love sewing for the little sweetie.

      Delete
  2. Oh goodness -- Hayden is adorable! Love the pajamas. I want a pair for myself!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Productivity and efficiency both are very important. They enlighten very well that how to increase productivity in an efficient manner.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Nice blog and soo cute baba baby
    Thanks for sharing information for Embroidery Digitizing

    ReplyDelete

Your comments make my day!